Social Icons

rss feedemail

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Drive2Life: Key Facts and Statistics.


Key Facts and Statistics.

In 2010, 3092 people were killed in crashes involving driver distraction, and an estimated 416,00 were injured.

13% of fatalities caused by distracted driving crashes in 2010 involved at least one driver using a cell phone.

18% of injury crashes in 2010 involved reports of distracted driving.

In June 2012, more than 184 billion text messages were sent or received in the US.

Teen drivers are more likely than other age groups to be involved in fatal crashes where distraction is reported, In 2010 11% of drivers under 20 involved in fatal crashes were reported to have been distracted; 19% were distracted by the use of cell phones.

40% of all American teens sat they have been in a car when the driver used a cell phone in a way that put people in danger,

Drivers who use handheld devices are four times more likely to get into crashes serious enough to injure themselves.

Text messaging creates a crash risk 23 times greater than driving while not distracted.

Sending or receiving a text takes a drivers eyes of the road for an average of 4.6 seconds, the equivalent-at 55 mph- of driving the length of an entire football field blind.

Headset cell phone use is not substantially safer than handheld use.

Using a cell phone while driving- whether it's handheld or hands-free- delays a driver's reactions as much as having a blood alcohol concentration at the legal limit.

Driving while sing a cell phone reduces the amount of brain activity associated with driving by 37%.

Source: http://www.distraction.gov/



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Trinity Academy

Trinity Academy is the name of my school, we got to name it ourselves since I am homeschooled. I like homeschooling a lot and I am excited this year because my cousins are being homeschooled too! Come back and see what I doing.(:




Taylor@Trinity Photography

I really like taking pictures and I have a really good opportunity to learn how to take good pictures and really learn how to use the camera because I am homeschooled. I hope you like them!(:

Trinity Farm

About two years ago my dad decided that he wanted to start a little farm. Our farm started out with three cows and has now progressed to 10 beef cows, a milk cow, and 15 chickens. The only animals out of all of these that are mine are two of the chickens, their names are Omelet and Eleanor. I will put some pictures of our animals and tell you if we get anymore! Make sure you stay updated.

Just Taylor

There's a lot that I could tell you about me and you can read a lot of it in my About Me bio. Just a little bit though, is that I am thirteen, homeshooled, and I live on a farm(: Stay tuned and you will get to see what's going on in my life.