Social Icons

rss feedemail

Thursday, September 13, 2012

CNN Student News 9/13/12





Tuesday night, violence and anger in Egypt and Libya broke out. In the Egyptian capitol Cairo, protesters attacked the embassy. The Embassy is the building where the ambassador, the diplomat that represents the U.S. in other countries, and staff work. The protesters tore down the flag outside of the embassy. Things in Libya were much more violent. There was a protest outside of the consulate and four U.S. citizens, including the ambassador, were killed. It was said that the protest was used as a diversion by attackers. The Libyan and Egyptian  governments said that they didn't have anything to do with this and it was to be frowned upon. The protesters were made up of a group of people who decided to  attack on their own. 

The strike with teachers in Chicago is still not over. They have still not come to an agreement with teachers pay or the stability of their jobs. Over 350,000 students go to school in this district, which is the third largest district in the U.S. Not only does this strike keep the students out of school, but sports teams are forbidden to practice. The football team has been practicing by themselves because their coach is not allowed to help them in any way. Their coach says that this is a major set back and the team needs a coach. Many of the players want to play college football and without practice or games it is hurting their chances. Other threats include the students falling far behind in school, which could lead to them repeating the year or getting bad grades. 

In 1300, the plague, also called the black death, killed 1/4 of Europe's population, a total of 25 million people. This plague causes you to have swollen lymph nodes all over your body in places like your neck. Now there is an average of 7 people per year who are diagnosed with the plague in the United States. Seven year old Sierra Jane Downing was one of them. She was on a camping trip with her family when she came across a dead squirrel. The plague can be spread by flea bites from infectious animals. Sierra's family rushed her to the hospital after she was vomiting and had a seizure. Luckily Sierra got out of the hospital yesterday and is feeling much better now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Trinity Academy

Trinity Academy is the name of my school, we got to name it ourselves since I am homeschooled. I like homeschooling a lot and I am excited this year because my cousins are being homeschooled too! Come back and see what I doing.(:




Taylor@Trinity Photography

I really like taking pictures and I have a really good opportunity to learn how to take good pictures and really learn how to use the camera because I am homeschooled. I hope you like them!(:

Trinity Farm

About two years ago my dad decided that he wanted to start a little farm. Our farm started out with three cows and has now progressed to 10 beef cows, a milk cow, and 15 chickens. The only animals out of all of these that are mine are two of the chickens, their names are Omelet and Eleanor. I will put some pictures of our animals and tell you if we get anymore! Make sure you stay updated.

Just Taylor

There's a lot that I could tell you about me and you can read a lot of it in my About Me bio. Just a little bit though, is that I am thirteen, homeshooled, and I live on a farm(: Stay tuned and you will get to see what's going on in my life.