Social Icons

rss feedemail

Monday, September 10, 2012

Boone


Boone is a city located in the Blue Ridge Mountains in northwest North Carolina. Because I enjoy the scenery, changing seasons, and nature, Boone would be no ordinary place to live and attend college.

Coming into Boone is one of the best parts of being there. You're just driving and then all of the sudden as you are driving, the scenery changes from highways and roads to beautiful mountains, trees, views, and valleys.  Boone is the home of Appalachian State University, the place where I want to attend college. Appalachian is a very nice school, not only because the way the school looks or that they have a good educational program, but there is a LOT of school spirit! Everywhere you look you see black and yellow, whether it be a sweatshirt, a sign, a little mountaineer statue, or, like we saw, a mountaineer mobile. When you're at your house in Boone and you go outside to get dome air and you just sit on the back porch it is amazing. It's very peaceful and there isn't all that unwanted noise, such as cars driving by. You look out and see all the beautiful sights, the trees, listen to the rain and thunder, and enjoy the scenery.

Where we live when it rains, isn't it usually just gloomy and boring? What about when it snows? Well, that's fun, but we don't get much of it. In Boone when it rains it so peaceful! It's very relaxing to listen and watch it. Also it is always cool because it's in the mountains, so in the winter it's actually cold enough for snow! Personally I have only been there when it had snowed once, but my aunt said that sometimes she will go sit on the porch and listen to the snow. Did you know that snow made noise? One of my favorite parts about Boone is the changing seasons. When the leaves turn from green to orange, yellow, and red and it cools down. Then the trees loose the leaves, there is a lot of snow on them, and it's really cold outside. Then when all melts, it warms up, leaves grow back, and the flowers come back. Not only do you get to see the beauty of all of this, but there is so much to do. In the summer you can go white water rafting and zip lining, and in the winter you can go sledding, snowboarding, and skiing.

Enjoying the weather doesn't always mean sitting at home. In Boone you can take walks outside or at the shops because they are outside. It's very fun to shop outside at all the places and go to the restaurants there. I would much rather go shopping on King street outside than I would want to shop in a mall. As I said earlier I want to attend Appalachian. I have been to a couple schools and none of them are in as nice a place as ASU, with nature around them as pretty as it was there. I think that it would be amazing to walk to class every day and read your books for school outside while you listen to the birds, the wind, and the crickets.

After I told you all of this, do you see why Boone would be no ordinary place to live? When I get older I want to live her with all the the beautiful scenery, changing seasons, nature, and all the exciting the things there are to do. I don' think that it would ever get old, it is an ever changing place to live.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Trinity Academy

Trinity Academy is the name of my school, we got to name it ourselves since I am homeschooled. I like homeschooling a lot and I am excited this year because my cousins are being homeschooled too! Come back and see what I doing.(:




Taylor@Trinity Photography

I really like taking pictures and I have a really good opportunity to learn how to take good pictures and really learn how to use the camera because I am homeschooled. I hope you like them!(:

Trinity Farm

About two years ago my dad decided that he wanted to start a little farm. Our farm started out with three cows and has now progressed to 10 beef cows, a milk cow, and 15 chickens. The only animals out of all of these that are mine are two of the chickens, their names are Omelet and Eleanor. I will put some pictures of our animals and tell you if we get anymore! Make sure you stay updated.

Just Taylor

There's a lot that I could tell you about me and you can read a lot of it in my About Me bio. Just a little bit though, is that I am thirteen, homeshooled, and I live on a farm(: Stay tuned and you will get to see what's going on in my life.