Social Icons

rss feedemail

Friday, August 31, 2012

Archeology and Anthropology


Anthropology and Archeology

The study of humans past and present is called anthropology. An important field in anthropology is archeology. Archeology focuses on the study of humans in the past. These two studies are considered a science, but can also help the study of history. Without it we wouldn't know anything about the past, when people didn't leave records. With anthropology and archeology we have recovered a lot of things that tell us about history.

Topics studied in Anthropology include human origins and evolution, the organization of human social and cultural relations, human physical traits, how humans behave, the variations among different groups of humans, and how the evolutionary past of humans influenced it's social organization and culture. The field is divided into four sub-fields. Those sub-fields include cultural anthropology, the study of culture, linguistic anthropology, the study of the process of human communications, biological anthropology, the study of humans and non-human primates in their biological, evolutionary, and demographic dimensions, and archeology. Archeology is the study of human activity in the past, mainly through the recovery of things such as artifacts, architecture, bio-facts, and cultural landscapes.

The point of anthropology is to learn more about past and present societies and the development in the human race. This is why archeology is so important. If we didn't have any way to study humans we wouldn't know anything about past societies and the development of the human race. Imagine if we knew nothing about history. How often do you talk about the past? If we didn't know about history you couldn't talk about the past. It would be like not knowing something all the time. Or it would be like someone trying to tell you something and then saying never mind. You know that feeling of wondering what's going on until it drives you crazy? Or it would be like starting a movie from the middle! If we didn't have the sciences of anthropology and archeology we would be completely lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Trinity Academy

Trinity Academy is the name of my school, we got to name it ourselves since I am homeschooled. I like homeschooling a lot and I am excited this year because my cousins are being homeschooled too! Come back and see what I doing.(:




Taylor@Trinity Photography

I really like taking pictures and I have a really good opportunity to learn how to take good pictures and really learn how to use the camera because I am homeschooled. I hope you like them!(:

Trinity Farm

About two years ago my dad decided that he wanted to start a little farm. Our farm started out with three cows and has now progressed to 10 beef cows, a milk cow, and 15 chickens. The only animals out of all of these that are mine are two of the chickens, their names are Omelet and Eleanor. I will put some pictures of our animals and tell you if we get anymore! Make sure you stay updated.

Just Taylor

There's a lot that I could tell you about me and you can read a lot of it in my About Me bio. Just a little bit though, is that I am thirteen, homeshooled, and I live on a farm(: Stay tuned and you will get to see what's going on in my life.