Social Icons

rss feedemail

Friday, August 24, 2012

CNN Student News August 24th, 2012



CNN News Recap: August 24th

A tropical storm, named Isaac, that could turn into a hurricane, is heading through the Caribbean headed toward Haiti. They are worried about this because it poses a lot of threats to the country since most of them still are living in tents and campsites from the devastating earthquake that hit the country not long ago. Another threat that this storm causes is heading towards Florida, where the Republican Convention is being held. They say that they are trying to figure out alternatives but they will not be stopped. The mars rover was put on mars earlier this week and NASA has just told us that it works! It just took a just drive on mars. When you see ads on the computer does it ever seem like they were put there just for you? Sometimes they are! Companies are stealing your personal info of the internet and customizing ads to send you that fit you best. It was said that they know you better than you know yourself and they could almost always accurately guess parts of your future. Also on the news today a man talks about his world record for being able to sing the lowest note. This note is so low that humans can't hear it only animals can. He says he is able to do this because his vocal cords are twice as long as a normal persons.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Trinity Academy

Trinity Academy is the name of my school, we got to name it ourselves since I am homeschooled. I like homeschooling a lot and I am excited this year because my cousins are being homeschooled too! Come back and see what I doing.(:




Taylor@Trinity Photography

I really like taking pictures and I have a really good opportunity to learn how to take good pictures and really learn how to use the camera because I am homeschooled. I hope you like them!(:

Trinity Farm

About two years ago my dad decided that he wanted to start a little farm. Our farm started out with three cows and has now progressed to 10 beef cows, a milk cow, and 15 chickens. The only animals out of all of these that are mine are two of the chickens, their names are Omelet and Eleanor. I will put some pictures of our animals and tell you if we get anymore! Make sure you stay updated.

Just Taylor

There's a lot that I could tell you about me and you can read a lot of it in my About Me bio. Just a little bit though, is that I am thirteen, homeshooled, and I live on a farm(: Stay tuned and you will get to see what's going on in my life.