Social Icons

rss feedemail

Monday, August 20, 2012

CNN Student News: August 20th, 2012



Diana Nyad is attempting to swim from the Cuban boarder all the way to the Florida Keys boarder, which is a whole 103 miles. Nyad says that she is loaded down with nerves because this is her fourth and final try at swimming all the way from boarder to boarder. Even though she is nervous she says at the same time her adrenaline is pumping and she is very excited. She is a little nervous though about the challenges she might face including dehydration, exhaustion, hunger, and the sea life. I think one of the hardest parts would be keeping a steady pace and having the endurance to swim that far, but she says she has spent lots of time building up her strength, stamina, and working on her pace. 

An architect has recently built the worlds smallest house which is only 1 square meter big. The house is very transportable, so you could take it anywhere. such as the park, and the park could be your backyard. Although the house has a desk where you could do your work and a bed if you just flip it over, it does not have a kitchen, bathroom, or any closet space. The architect says that technically it could be the biggest house in the world, depending on your mindset.  Personally, I wouldn't be able to spend a week in the house because one, I'm claustrophobic, two, I wouldn't be able to go without my own bathroom or kitchen, and three, I would definitely want some closet space. 

There has recently been an issue with the South African miners and the mining company. The issue is that since the miners have such a dangerous job, they want their salary to go up 3 times as much. When the mining company did not agree to raise their pay, the miners went on strike and it quickly turned violent. Journalists and Police officers say that the fight turned violent because the police needed to defend themselves. I think that the best solution to the problem would be for the miners and the company to compromise by raising their pay, but not the whole 3 times as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Trinity Academy

Trinity Academy is the name of my school, we got to name it ourselves since I am homeschooled. I like homeschooling a lot and I am excited this year because my cousins are being homeschooled too! Come back and see what I doing.(:




Taylor@Trinity Photography

I really like taking pictures and I have a really good opportunity to learn how to take good pictures and really learn how to use the camera because I am homeschooled. I hope you like them!(:

Trinity Farm

About two years ago my dad decided that he wanted to start a little farm. Our farm started out with three cows and has now progressed to 10 beef cows, a milk cow, and 15 chickens. The only animals out of all of these that are mine are two of the chickens, their names are Omelet and Eleanor. I will put some pictures of our animals and tell you if we get anymore! Make sure you stay updated.

Just Taylor

There's a lot that I could tell you about me and you can read a lot of it in my About Me bio. Just a little bit though, is that I am thirteen, homeshooled, and I live on a farm(: Stay tuned and you will get to see what's going on in my life.