Social Icons

rss feedemail

Thursday, August 30, 2012

About Me (:



Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Welcome to my blog, Taylor@Trinity. You may have guessed from my blog name that I'm Taylor. I'm thirteen years old and an only child. I live with my parents, Amanda and Eric (a.k.a. Mom and Dad, or as I call them Madre and Papi). I'm very close to my parents. We spend a lot of time together on school, watching movies, and working outside on the farm. Trinity means a group of three and since it is only the three of us, my mom thought that trinity would be a good name for our school and farm. Another reason Trinity works well with the farm is because it started out with just three cows, Larry, Curly, and Moe. Now we have 15 chickens, 1 milk cow, and 12 beef cows.

A lot of people would think that kids who are homeschooled are really geeky and don't really have a social life, but that's not exactly true. I'm completely normal...almost. I still have friends and I still do things like go to movies, go shopping, hangout, and have sleepovers. Some people who are homeschooled are completely sheltered. Luckily, my parents aren't like that. They don't always let me do what I want, which I will admit will makes me mad sometimes, but I've been told that it show that they actually care. . . .unlike some parents. 

I was a competitive gymnast from the age of seven until January of this year. I started gymnastics just for fun and then it turned into something more. I enjoyed it a lot and was really good at it. I loved it and everything about it. I loved seeing my friends, all the events, being there everyday, and even the strength and stretching. I remember trying to make workout routines for everybody in my family all the time because I loved working out so much. When you do gymnastics there is a really big commitment involved. You are there ALL the time! You have to practice four hours a day six days a week and that isn't something you want to do unless you are in it 100%, which I was. I didn't care that I was there all the time because I wanted to be. When I did gymnastics I wanted to be a college gymnast at the University of Georgia. Although after six years, a lot of things changed. I got older, didn't want to be there all the time, and realized that it wasn't what I wanted to do with my life anymore, so I decided to retire from the sport. I no longer wanted to be a college gymnast. Even though I don't do gymnastics anymore and I don't want to go to UGA, I am very glad that I did gymnastics because it taught me so much. It taught me things like discipline, how to be a teammate, commitment, how to stay strong, and how to push through something even if you don't want to do it that day.

Life after gymnastics has given me a lot of free time that I get to spend with my family and friends. Recently most of that time has been spent with my aunt Rachael or at her house. I am very close to Rachael and my cousins Caiden, Levi, and Emily. I like to spend time with Rachael because we like to talk. Sometimes we will talk about something important and meaningful and sometimes we will talk about random stuff like books, or movies, or how she smells like slimjims.(; As Forest Gump would say we are like  "peas and carrots".

Like most teenagers, I am obsessed with a couple of things and spend a lot of time on other things. I am on my computer and my phone a lot, but not as much as you might think. I try to be respectful, so if someone needs me or wants to do something with me, I will put the electronics away and help or spend time with them. A couple other things that I am really obsessed with are Harry Potter and the Hunger Games. I have read all the Hunger Games books and seen the first movie and they were amazing! I have seen all the Harry Potter movies, probably 10 times each, and I've read the first book. I want to read the rest in the series, but I haven't been able to yet. Two of my favorite movies are Mean Girls and She's the Man. I have seen them so many times that I could just about make a reference to them in every conversation that I have! I love to read! I would read all day long if I could. Then there's music, which I listen to all the time. I think music is really powerful. I love how it can change your mood in a matter of seconds and it can make you think about things that you don't normally think about. I like listening to all types of music, whether it be country, rock, r&b, hip-hop, or pop. Something I believe about music is when people write or perform a song it should mean something; it shouldn't just be about telling someone to "call you maybe". 

Since I love books and music so much, when I grow up I want to be a book editor or a A&R representative. An A&R rep. is basically the recruiter for the record label and they find new talent for the label. As of right now, the college I want to go to is Appalachian State University. I want to go to college at App because it is a good school and I know a lot of people that went there. Those people all had a great time and have good things to say about the school.

I am a christian and I believe in God and the bible. I don't believe that you have to go to church in order to go to heaven or for Jesus to be your savior. Although that doesn't mean that I believe that you shouldn't go. We go to The Summit Church in Kernersville NC. We go to a six o'clock service on Sundays and I go to a service called Impact on Wednesdays. Impact is for Middle and High school students and it is AMAZING! There are so many nice people and a lot of opportunities.  I also believe that you shouldn't do things just to please God or other people. You should do them for yourself. For instance, my parents are going to get me a promise ring because I will have respect for myself until I am married, but I am not only doing it for god or my parents. I am doing it mostly for myself.

There are a lot of things that I may or may not believe in, but I don't judge people who are different from me. One thing I feel strongly about is abortion. I don't agree with it because I believe that a person is a person no matter how small. Even though I disagree with it, I wouldn't judge someone who had an abortion because I don't know their story and I think that they have a right to their own choices and beliefs. Also I don't think that we should judge people who are gay, and I don't think that we have the right to decide whether or not they can get married. I don't know if it's right or wrong to be gay, but I do think that if you love someone then you love them. It doesn't matter if they are a boy or girl. The bottom line is that we all sin and we all make mistakes, and to judge someone makes you no than better them.

I'm not really the type of person who has a role model or looks up to anyone in particular. Even though I don't look up to people, I still see the good that they do and I see their strength. When I see someone doing something hard and they push through it or they finish it even though they struggled, it inspires me and reminds me that if you are strong and you try your hardest, things will turn out okay.

Well that's about it. This is me. Stick around and you might get to know more.(:

                                               xoxo         
                                      Taylor 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Trinity Academy

Trinity Academy is the name of my school, we got to name it ourselves since I am homeschooled. I like homeschooling a lot and I am excited this year because my cousins are being homeschooled too! Come back and see what I doing.(:




Taylor@Trinity Photography

I really like taking pictures and I have a really good opportunity to learn how to take good pictures and really learn how to use the camera because I am homeschooled. I hope you like them!(:

Trinity Farm

About two years ago my dad decided that he wanted to start a little farm. Our farm started out with three cows and has now progressed to 10 beef cows, a milk cow, and 15 chickens. The only animals out of all of these that are mine are two of the chickens, their names are Omelet and Eleanor. I will put some pictures of our animals and tell you if we get anymore! Make sure you stay updated.

Just Taylor

There's a lot that I could tell you about me and you can read a lot of it in my About Me bio. Just a little bit though, is that I am thirteen, homeshooled, and I live on a farm(: Stay tuned and you will get to see what's going on in my life.