Social Icons

rss feedemail

Monday, January 14, 2013

Clement Clark Moore.


What if you wrote a poem for your children and they LOVED it? That would be really cool and very touching! But, what if that poem somehow got published into the newspaper and everyone, for generations on, LOVED it? Now that would be awesome!

That is what it was like for Clement Clark Moore. He wrote the poem “A Visit From St. Nicholas”. You know it, “Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.” Yep, he was just reading it to his kids on Christmas Eve and the next thing he knew it was published everywhere and everyone knew it.

Clement was born in New York City and was the only child of Reverend Benjamin Moore and Charity Clarke Moore. He was homeschool by his father until he went to Columbia College. When he graduated College in 1823 he became a professor or oriental and greek literature until he retired in 1850. While he was still teaching he married 19 year old Catharine Elizabeth Taylor and together they had nine children.

Clement died on July 10, 1863 and although “A Visit from St. Nicholas” was the only memorable poem that he wrote, he himself is remembered and a very important part in the tradition of Christmas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Trinity Academy

Trinity Academy is the name of my school, we got to name it ourselves since I am homeschooled. I like homeschooling a lot and I am excited this year because my cousins are being homeschooled too! Come back and see what I doing.(:




Taylor@Trinity Photography

I really like taking pictures and I have a really good opportunity to learn how to take good pictures and really learn how to use the camera because I am homeschooled. I hope you like them!(:

Trinity Farm

About two years ago my dad decided that he wanted to start a little farm. Our farm started out with three cows and has now progressed to 10 beef cows, a milk cow, and 15 chickens. The only animals out of all of these that are mine are two of the chickens, their names are Omelet and Eleanor. I will put some pictures of our animals and tell you if we get anymore! Make sure you stay updated.

Just Taylor

There's a lot that I could tell you about me and you can read a lot of it in my About Me bio. Just a little bit though, is that I am thirteen, homeshooled, and I live on a farm(: Stay tuned and you will get to see what's going on in my life.